Brothers

I have two sons and three brothers.  They have more in common than shared parents and grandparents.  They both lost their sister by a tragic accident.  Both of the sister's lost were in between the brothers in age. That means, some lost their younger sister and some lost their big sister.  They all lost their friend.

The relationships in my family are at times loving, competitive, or strained. So I can say that they're complicated.  I pray that all of them survive the growing pains they are going through today.  As a parent, I know that all of my children love and support each other.  I hope that they would always be friends as God intended.  I know that my father wants the same for his very large and mixed family. 

I miss my mother's wisdom in times like this.  I am grateful for the forsythia that is blooming so bright.  Yellow like the sunshine.  I am happy to see the tulips and daffodils showing off their colors.  And the magnolia tree in my backyard reminds me of the one in my sister Barb's front yard.  Flowers are friends sent to cheer me when I need a hug from heaven. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!