Tulips

Today was the first day back to school after Easter/Spring break.  I was busier than usual, hardly sat down all day.  My Up app showed that I walked over 6000 steps before 2 o'clock.  That's double my average steps at work.  I pretty happy about that because I don't know if I'll make it to the YMCA today as my calendar is filled until 8:00 pm.

I had to drive into Swanton after work, a drive that seems to take longer each time I have to go there.  Once I get there, I'm okay.  I always drive by the little memorial for Haylee on route 64.  I was happy to see that someone left a pot of tulips for her.  I wonder if they will get planted.  My friend Paula gave me a pot of tulips for her last year.  I planted them in the back yard.  They should be blooming within two weeks.  I love spring flowers in the yard.  They are a reminder of new life.  They show resilience to the weather and they come back every year.

On the long drive back from Swanton, I had to make a few phone calls and traffic was heavy so I pulled off into the Rite Aid parking lot.  This was the same lot where I last saw Haylee alive.  We'd meet there as it was halfway for each of us.  We'd met this time so that I could give her the taxes forms she had forgotten when we saw each other two days before.  It's interesting, how our memory works; the triggers: Easter, tax season, Rite Aid & tulips!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!