Compliments



Giving and receiving compliments are two of the best ways to feel good. A week ago, I changed my hairstyle and the compliments just keep coming.  Sometimes, I think to myself; "Wow, my hair must have really looked bad, that it looks so good now."  But most of the time, I can take a good compliment.

What makes a compliment good?  I read a couple of blogs about the topic and liked this one, by Ty Bennett: How to Give a Compliment the best.  I like the GPS reference. (Genuine, Personal, Specific)  I hope it helps me to remember that giving a compliment means I'm paying attention.  Receiving a compliment, means someone is paying attention to me.

Life is hard enough to not have people notice.  Life is easier, when you notice other people.  It gets the focus off of yourself and your troubles. It helps to develop empathy for family or community members who are having their own issues.  Remember, God put all of the people here on earth for a reason.  Notice others, help them out and give them a GPS compliment when you can!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!