The Cross

Lent ends when the evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper on Holy Thursday begins, because the Mass of the Lord’s Supper ushers in the Holy Triduum, a liturgical season in its own right and the shortest of the liturgical year.  So last night I reinstalled my facebook apps.  I had to change my password as I couldn't remember what it was.

As my morning routine returns, drinking coffee and reading status', I am reminded how much time I take to stay in touch through facebook.  I must say I missed knowing what was going on.  I sometimes felt like a burden to others as I asked questions about the goings on of life.  They wanted me to get my own information from facebook.  The power of social networking through the internet is grand.  And I believe it is useful and mostly good.  It is when we stop asking questions in person, or praying for change or strength or to give thanks for the good things we have, that technology interferes with our spirit.

During these past 40 days without spending the 1-2 hours a day reading facebook status', I have grown in my relationship with myself thus my spiritual relationship with God.  I hope that with my renewed strength, all of my relationships are improved.  I pray that I will listen more, care more, and let others share their struggles and joy with me.

Life is hard, and sometimes it's not.  The sometimes is when we allow Jesus and other people inside to help us cope with whatever we are going through.  May we all take time today, Good Friday, to remember what Jesus did for us on the cross.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!