Inspiration & Tears

Last night I was fortunate to hear Oprah Winfrey share many of her life defining moments. As I listened to her human experience, I couldn't help but to think about the defining moments in mine: I remember when I was in Kindergarten, I wanted to go to school so bad that I insisted on going on a teacher work day.  My mom walked me down, to prove to me there was no school, and my teacher let me in and told my mom to pick me up at lunch time!   And now I'm a teacher!
I was the first in my family to go away to college at 17. I married at 21 years, had 4 kids before my 28th birthday!  I was divorced before my 30th.   I've lost my best friend, my sister Barb at 36, my mother at 46, & my 30 year old daughter at 54.  My house fire allowed me to live with my older brother for 6 months which allowed us to develop an adult relationship....meanwhile I practically got a whole new house!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!