Memories & Morning Coffee


It was nearly 30 years ago when my friend, Missy introduced me to coffee.  I drank it black and I liked it. I had three cups.   I remember feeling wonderful...at first...and then asked her when my heart would stop beating so fast.   It seems like a lifetime ago,  the navy, living in Virginia Beach, married.  Navy wives (Sandy, Shelly, Debbie, Missy, Laura, Elyse & Ramona...to name a few) were a tight group.

We met in Pensacola at AOCS (aviation officer candidate school) and many of us continued to Virginia Beach where we lived for five years or more.  During those short years we shared in two long (6 month) deployments.  Together we laughed, cried, and tried to make sense of the world around us.  I tried to stay in touch with everyone over the years but have lost touch with some.

Many of us have battled and survived cancer, divorce, brain tumors and more. Some have visited me and I them.  We all live in different areas now but it is so nice to know that they are only a phone call away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!