My Dog Aiden

Aiden
Six years ago, I got a dog.  I went to my local humane society's web site and looked at few photos before going there.  When arrived, I discovered the dogs I liked online were much larger than I thought. I wanted a 20-30 pound dog. So I  had to look at some more dogs.

"Snowball" was in the puppy room. (I love snow!) As you can see from his picture, there is nothing snowballish about Aiden.  I think the dog warden names the dogs from a list like they name hurricanes.  The sign on his crate said his birthday was 1/13/11.  (The same birthday as one of my kids, Haylee.) I took those two signs as a sign that he was the dog for me.

Although he was in the puppy room, his listed birthday put him at eleven months old. (Practically full grown!) He looked about 20 pounds, about the size I wanted. He had just had surgery so we couldn't play with him that day. So I had to come back the next day.

Snowball turned out to be a sweet heart so I rescued him.  I gave him the name Aiden which comes from the Celtic God of Fire, Aodh.   It also means fiery one or Irish Hunter.  I took him to the vet, only to learn that he was probably NOT eleven months old!  He was much younger!  He was going to be larger than 30 pounds!  So after changing his name, I changed his birthday to March 17th.   Aiden's weight is now between 50-60 pounds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!