Heaviness


Heaviness can come from feeling full or being overweight.  It can also come from grief, worrying and depression.  It's really heavy when it's a combination of things.  Then the weight can feel overwhelming.

Sometimes I'm overwhelmed with the weight of my day.  The stress I sometimes feel at work coupled with the pain of recovery I feel in my legs and feet.  It's on those days, that it's hard NOT to come home and just grab a snack and sleep.  It is on those days that I really struggle to make healthy choices for myself.

Some of the healthy choices I make are to choose a whole food, low calorie type of after school snack.  Or when I choose to take a cat nap, 5-15 minutes of sleep, to revive myself and then cooking dinner for my family so that we don't end up snacking on processed foods all night. Going to the YMCA for a cardio workout is another good choice I can make for myself.  And making time to read the email and watch the video from the Best Lent Ever program I signed up for.  Finally, being grateful for all of the good in my life.

I don't always make all of the good decisions each day and that's okay.  I'll get another chance to get it right tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!