Twelve

The word apostle has a meaning "one who was sent away".  Those sent away become messengers.  Not that I ever would consider myself anything but a disciple of Jesus; one who learns, I find it interesting that I have sent myself away from facebook to become more like Him.

I have to admit that I do not like not being a facebook. I do not like NOT knowing what is going on in the lives of people I care about.  I cannot imagine what it was like for Jesus' twelve apostles to leave their family and friends to become messengers of the Word.

Perhaps that is what my journey this lent is about.  When I'm thinking of someone, wondering what they are up to, I can only imagine and so I pray for them, that all is going well for them.  I pray that they make good decisions and that they see the Good that is all around them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?