Reading

I seem to have found spare time!  I am reading more books, articles, and blogs.  One book that I haven't really read is the Old Testament.  Most of my bible study is from the New Testament.  With the hollywood interest in bible stories, Son of God, and Noah,  I'm more curious about the Bible and the book of Genesis.
Raised as a Roman Catholic, most of the bible stories I know are the ones read to me at Mass.  I always wondered:  Who chooses what stories are 'important' enough to be read during Mass?  Why is there only a three year cycle of those stories?  Doesn't that mean, every three years, I hear the same story?  What about the other parts?

I'm sure somewhere along the way, within my Catholic education,  I was taught the answers to those questions.  But now, 35 years post high school, I cannot remember.  Do you know the answers?  OR should I rely on the vast knowledge (or not) of the internet?  In the meantime, I'll read from the Book!

It appears that I spent a lot more time on facebook than I was aware of.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?