Self Discipline

I have a Women's Devotional Bible that I refer to when I am struggling with something.  As of late, I'm becoming less and less disciplined.  Weigh In To Win contest.
Those of you who know me, can remember that seven years ago, I won the opportunity to lose weight while WTOL followed me around for nine months during their

At the end of the contest, my weight was 150-160 pounds.  I kept within that range for nearly five years.  Then I had a house fire, turned 50, battled with unemployment...I know...excuses - Bottom line is, somewhere along the line, I lose my sense of self discipline, trading it in for self indulgence.  I'm closer to 200 now :(

So as I look into the index/topics my bible, I found 1 Corinthians 9:24  (St. Paul is one of my favorites!)  I will leave you with this: Do you not know that those who run in race all run, but only one receives the prize?  Run in such a way that you may win.  Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things."  

Whatever you do to move your body, exercise, run, walk, bike, hike or swim...take time to do it today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?