Be Joyful Always

One of my friends said this about herself today: "I must be getting old.  The little things are getting to me.  I used to see the good in everything.  I was happy and cheerful.  Now I'm grumpy and grouchy."  So we talked a little more to try to understand why she was feeling this way.  One observation we made was that being aware of the problem is the first step to changing it.

It seems that as our lives get busy, we forget to pay attention.  We forget empathy and understanding. We end up reacting to the little things because we cannot control the big things.  We forget that we are not in charge of what happens, we are only in charge of what we do.  We get a case of the grumpy's.

Everyday, it's my goal to get a workout in at the YMCA.   Todays were were leaving, my granddaughter chose and read a message from the 'Good News' jar.  Today's message was appropriate for my day.

It was from 1 Thessalonians 5:1 it read:  Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  Don't worry, be happy!  Spring is here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?