Change and China

I admit it, I don't like change.  It makes me grouchy.  It makes me sad.  It makes me think.  I don't like change.  Change means growing...again.  So yesterday I was helping out at my Aunt Betty's house - as it's going on the market.  My dad's house is already on the market and he is downsizing so I had to go over and pick up my mother's wedding china:  Silver Arbor pattern by Baronet China.

 At one time, she had twelve place settings.  55 years later, there are 11 each of the dinner plates, salad and bread & butter plates, all 12 of the saucers and one lonely footed tea cup!  She also still has the hostess set with a platter, oval bowl, creamer & sugar.   I think that is a remarkable feat - surviving eight children, a house fire, and moving a couple of times! We used them every Thanksgiving and Christmas before Christmas dishes became popular.
I loved this pattern so much that I purchased a similar one when I got married: Shadow Rose pattern by Society (Japan).   I only have four place settings and a hostess set.  I've never used mine in 33 years!  Makes me wonder why I've kept them all this time, moving them from house to house.  Perhaps I don't need them anymore, I have my mom's.

Change may not be such a bad thing after all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?