Confirmation

Today is a special day for the 8th grade students at my school.  It is their confirmation day.  The day they become 'soldiers of Christ'.  The day the Holy Spirit brings special graces to them.   Along with Baptism and Holy Communion, Confirmation,  is a Sacrament of Initiation.  How do you know when you're ready?

Back in the 60's, when I was in elementary school, we were confirmed in 3rd or 4th grade.  I remember that my parents, in their wisdom, believed that 9-10 year olds were too young to be confirmed.  I had to wait until I was in 6th grade, to be confirmed, along with the other 3rd & 4th graders.  By the time my youngest brothers were confirmed...they were in 8th grade...which is when my children were confirmed years ago and the way it continues to be done.

Today I pray for the students being confirmed.  I pray that the Holy Spirit guides them now and through the rest of their lives as they learn to become more like You, through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?