Breathe

I've been a little stressed these days.  It seems I'm not making or taking time for me...haven't had a massage in three months, not consistent at working out, eating whatever I want - whenever I want it.  I've been working through my lunch and barely find time at work to just breathe.

Anyways, my family has chosen to run a 5K later in May.  So the competitive side of me says I have to run it as well as the last race I ran ... in less then 30 minutes (29:59 is good enough!)  The last race I ran was nearly 5 years ago.  I was obviously 5 years younger and maybe not so obvious but true, 40 pounds lighter.  So I'm trying to train.

I ran/walked with my dog Aiden, for 30 minutes today.  My lungs were burning and my pedometer said 1.5 miles.  I know that I sat on the  bench with Carly to look at the sky and enjoy the moment, but that may have taken 8-10 minutes total.  Needless to say, I have ALOT of work to do.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?