It's About Healing

It's not about stuff!  It's about healing.  AND guess what?  Healing is hard work.  It requires time, patience, strength, letting go, holding on, and love. Love for yourself and for everyone else who is healing or helping you heal.  A sixth grader at my school wrote me this note on the day Haylee died:

Dear Ms. Brandt,
I am very sorry for your loss.  But just think of it this way: God sent her to heal people and to help. Then, when her work was done, God needed her to heal more people...just somewhere else.  I will keep your family in my prayers.  But everyone should know in their hearts that Haylee's calling was to heal.
Sincerely,
Taylor

Sometimes kids say the darndest things!

Comments

  1. I just reread this. I realized something. Growing is live healing...it hurts more than it doesn't but in the end it is SOOOOO worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?