Appreciation

It's early spring and every morning now, I hear robins singing.  Rumor has it, they are grateful for another sunrise. There are so many things around me to give thanks for everyday.  A warm place to sleep, a dependable car, and employment come to mind.  But how often do I thank God for these things?  In times when I am feeling blue, I look for the good in my life and give thanks.  But when things are going well, I forget.  Do you?

American culture tells us we always need more of everything.  It's a struggle to even try to keep up and an even greater struggle not to get 'sucked' into the whole concept of more.  I work hard to try to keep my life simple, to appreciate what I have, to share what I know to be true.  But sometimes I have to be reminded, like today, when I heard the song of the robin.  Give thanks for all that is around you, and all the people you know.  Let them know you appreciate them!  It's as simple as a robin's song!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?