Summer

Today I saw a young girl, riding a scooter in her dripping wet swimsuit, eating ice-cream, with a huge smile on her face.  It finally feels like summer! It's the 4th of July, and all of America was jammed packed with activities.  We started our day with a workout at the track.  My 17 month grand-daughter walked the whole way around the track!

When we got back to the lake, I was determined to stand up on the SUP (stand up paddle board) and I did!  It was my 2nd time on it, the muscles in my legs were really tight from the track workout so it was a very short ride.  Maybe tomorrow morning I'll go for a longer ride.

Next, we headed to the marina where my son in law works.  They have a big family day event with clowns, balloons, face-painting, tie dye shirts, and ice-cream.  We spent nearly two hours there.  It was fun and relaxing.  When we got back to lake, it was packed!  In the year I've been coming to this lake, I've never seen as many boats!  We don't have a boat, so we just sat on the dock and soaked in some sun and drank a few beers.  It continued to be a relaxing day!

Some friends stopped by on their boat.  We sent up four lanterns and then it was time for Wawasee fireworks!  They did not disappoint!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?