Falling In

So it's Sunday, a day of rest after a long weekend of festivities.  I decide to be brave and go out on the SUP before my track workout.  I'm feeling pretty good, the lake was like glass and Justine said:  you are going to fly across the lake today!  ...umm I don't want to go fast...it would be my third time on the SUP.  The first time I knelt, the 2nd time I stood for about a 180 second ride.  Both of those times Justine was on the dock with me.

But this morning, Steve and her decided to just watch from the deck.  (They obviously have a lot of confidence in my athletic ability.)  My thoughts are always about my balance.  Here goes it.  I get the board in the water, hop on and paused for some reason.  (I was thinking about that flying comment.) After a minute of pause I stood up and proceeded to fall in!  I couldn't believe it.  Justine was giggling...saying that I was back too far on the board.  To which I responded with why didn't you tell me?  I am sad to say, I did not just get back on the board and give it another go.

I'll try again next time I'm here in a couple of weeks.  My goal is to be proficient by August.  Now it's time to go work on my balance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?