Why Write?


This evening, as Aiden and I were on our walk, my mind was buzzing, thinking of the many things in my life that made me who I am today.  I thought of things that happened when I was little, like when my sister Holly knocked her tooth out while playing on the monkey bars at a park near the Maumee River.  I thought of my mom riding her bike to work the lunchroom at Raymer elementary school.  I thought of family walks around our neighborhood in Virginia Beach, visualizing Haylee running the entire way.  She was only 2 or 3.

All of these thoughts, random thoughts, came to mind within the first 10 minutes of my walk.  So in an effort to think about something else, I thought about writing.  I thought about how awful this blog is on most days...really I know.  I thought about the Weigh In Too Win blog I wrote 8 or 9 years ago.  I remembered that the good ones, the good stories were those that I spoke from my heart. 

Writing about how I feel comes easy when I let myself feel.  I think that is why I write these daily stories, good or bad; I write so that I will feel.  I force myself to continue this practice so that I keep on feeling even when I don't want to.  Writing is an outlet of expression of self.  My stories are a way into my heart.  They help remind me of me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?