Walking My Dog

On most evenings, weather permitting, I take my dog Aiden for a walk.

Walking your dog is supposed to be good for both you and the dog.  It relieves stress and anxiety in both of you.  Most of the time, I would agree that this is true. But today, this beautiful spring day, similar to the one a little over a year ago, I thought of Haylee walking Lola. (I think my grief angel, Clarence, just wanted to pay a visit.)

So, I'm walking around the park, with the sunshine in my eyes, smiling and greeting other walker's I pass.  I remember thinking of how happy Haylee must have been that 9th day of April, as she walked her dog.  I remember that thoughts like that gave me peace then and give me peace now as I think about them again.

But my thoughts are not always like that, as sometimes I choose to be afraid to walk my dog; Afraid that I may get hit by a car as I do it.  I don't feel safe.  Everytime I see a black Ford Focus, I think of the car that struck Haylee.  It is times like that when I have to take a breath, and look up to the clear blue sky and sunshine and remember that life is good and Haylee was happy at the end of her life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?