Strength


God sure thinks I'm a strong person.  As I was pedaling today at the YMCA, I reflected over some major turning points in my life.  
  • I am the third of eight children, all born within 14 years.
  • I had my appendix removed and spent a few days in the hospital when I was 8 years old.
  • Our house had a big fire.  My family, mom and dad plus eight children, were out of our house for three months - November, December, and January.
  • I attended public school for seventh and eighth grade.
  • I was the first in my family to go away to college.
  • I got married and had four children.  We lived in Pensacola and Virginia Beach.
  • I got divorced and moved back to Ohio.
  • I received my degree in Education.
  • My sister Barb was killed in an accident at work.
  • I bought my first house.
  • My parents celebrated 50 years of marriage.
  • I became a grandmother.
  • My mother died.
  • I lost my job.
  • A year later, I got a new job.
  • I had a house fire and lived with my brother Chris for six months.
  • I lost that job.
  • I got my first dog:  Aiden, a rescue from the Humane Society.
  • I was hired by my current employer.
  • My daughter Haylee was killed in a car accident while walking her dog.
  • My dad remarried.
Of course there were many more events in my 54 years of life, but these are the ones that changed me.  I grew during the happiness or sorrow that I experienced.  I didn't know how strong I was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!