Three Kings


Although it is not yet January 6th, the 12th day of Christmas, the readings at Mass today were of the Epiphany of the Lord, when the three kings visited baby Jesus with gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.  I always ponder the reason for three kings...representing the ages of man...young, prime, and old. 

As I think of the age of my life, I imagine that I am nearing the end of my prime.  At 54 years, I figure prime goes until 60.  Perhaps the age of man is 21-40, 41-60, and 61-80.  I don't  know, I'm just thinking out loud and don't feel like googling it.  What do you think?

The feast of Little Christmas, as we called it, also signals the end of the holiday season.  For me and in my house, I have taken down my Christmas tree and anything with Santa.  I have left up the Nativity scene, angels, and snowmen.  I will probably put away the nativity set next weekend.  I'm not sure if I will be putting the angels away though.  I miss my angel Haylee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!