Tech Support

I do tech support at work.  Sometimes, I have to use tech support. Today was one of those days.  I work in the basement and have a microcell device hooked up to my network so that I get a better cell phone signal.  I've been using this device since May with no problems.

This morning, at 2:30 a.m. I received a text from my provider that the microcell location could not be verified.  When I got to work, it was not working.  I troubleshooted for a little while, but decided to call the number listed on the text message.

The first support person I worked with was very good.  The second one...not so much.  This may cause you to wonder, if the first person was so good, why did I need the second one?  Here is the reason: It can take 90 minutes for this microcell device to activate.  So we hung up and I missed her call back.  So I did the next set of troubleshooting that we had talked about, taking the device upstairs to see if it worked.  And it did!  I got a congratulatory email acknowledging it's activation which I'm sure took me off the list for a call back.

When I brought the device back downstairs, it no longer worked.  I had to call tech support again.  Unfortunately, I didn't get the same tech, although both of their names begin with A- Anna and Adeline.  The second person could not understand that I wasn't at home and did not have a modem.  I am still waiting for her call back, promised in 10 minutes, 45 minutes ago.

I'm plugging the darn thing back in and going home soon.  I hope when I call back tomorrow, I get Anna!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!