Life's Ups and Downs


My family is going through some growing pains.  As a mother, experiencing pains of her own, it's hard for me to watch my children go through theirs. It seems that all I can do is say:  I love you.  Or pat their hand and insist it will be okay. It's difficult for me, knowing that I cannot make it better; knowing that they have to go through this time and that they will be stronger because of it.

I remember my own mother doing this for me.  It was thanksgiving of 1978 and I missed my ride home from college.  I called my parents and my mom said:  that sounds like a personal problem.  (WHAT!#@$)  I was shocked and thought:  you mean, you're not taking time and driving the 90 miles to come and get me?

At that time, my parents had five children still at home and one car.  Of course no one was coming!  So I had to find my own way home.  It was an adventure and a learning experience I still have not forgotten.  I grew a lot that day and I made it home for Thanksgiving!

I will put my trust in God and have faith in my children that they too, will grow a little as they struggle through this down time in their lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?