Seeing Red

I'm sure the reason that I love the colors of Autumn is because my mother did.  She always pointed them out and said how much she loved the changing colors of the trees and the red of the burning bushes.  She also loved sunflowers and forsythia in the spring.

My mom was good at finding the beauty and goodness in the world. I know that I am like her in that way too.  I am also strong, independent, and opinionated like her.  Many think I look like her and that makes me happy.  I know that although we disagreed on many things, and my dad would say:  "You too are too much alike." I have always wanted to be like her.  I would say that my mom had eight children, and I only had four, but if I could be half as good as she was, I would be a good woman.

Mom's birthday was on Halloween, she has been gone for nearly ten years now and I miss her most in Autumn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?