Family Time

State Park
As our family gathering in the hills of North Carolina continues, we headed to capture the flag at the top of the mountain.  We walked up the steps to an elevation of 2280 feet.  We didn't all make it.

Traveling with toddlers, Hayden 18 mos. and Skylar 3 1/2, Justine and Steve had to turn back halfway.  Paul, Carly and I continued to the top.  I found it much easier to go up the stairs then coming down.  I had to remove my progressive glasses to navigate the stairs as gravity wanted to help me get down from the mountain,

It was a breath taking view, reminding me of how small I am.  It is good to be in nature, hear the sounds of the river, smell the woods all around, and appreciate what a wonder the United States of America is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?