Parenting

Haylee's old car
I've been debating on whether to write about this here.  It is what is on my mind and writing is therapy for me.  So here goes it: Last night, my phone rang at 3:30 a.m.

It's hardly ever a good thing when the phone rings in the middle of the night.  The phone call is usually about a family member; someone was hurt, died or had a baby.  Haylee used to call when she got off her shift from work.  She was awake and would just want to talk. I sure do miss those calls now.

Anyway, the call I received was from my oldest son.  He hit a road construction sign on and totaled his car.  Thankfully, he was not hurt and no one else was involved.  It could've been a lot worse.  I'm thankful for that.

The car was Haylee's old car, a 2001 Pontiac Vibe.  It's a mixed blessing; the vibe reminded others of Haylee and now it is gone. I pray that this incident will somehow turn out to be a positive in Derrick's life.  The greatest want for a parent is for their children to be happy, healthy, and at peace with who they are.  That they find love and goodness in their world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?