All Calories Are Not Equal

I know, I've stated the obvious: all calories are NOT equal.  I couldn't eat the amount of broccoli it would take to equal the calories in a beer. (3 cups of broccoli = 1 light beer)

Now if only I could get this through my head.

I've been going to GLB (group lifestyle balance) classes for over two months.  In class, we learn about what can happen to our body if we don't take care of it.  We learn how to eat right and count calories.  We spent alot of time talking about how being overweight effects our organs, joints, and mental state.  We figured out how many fat grams and calories we should eat each day to achieve a healthy weight.

My personal targets are 1500 calories and 42 grams of fat.  So each week I can eat 10,500 calories and 294 grams of fat.  I'm pretty good at staying close to my calorie intake 5 of 7 days each week - but my weekly grams of fat are always over 400!  Where does all the fat come from?  Cheese, chocolate, nuts, and peanut butter are the most common sources in my diet.

What can I do?  I can eat more broccoli and drink less beer!  But we all know, that's no fun.  But it's also not fun when my clothes don't fit.  So I have to decide, which do I want more?

(Being aware is halfway there!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!