Birthdays

In my family, December is a busy month for birthdays: there are more than six.  Today is my daughter Justine's 28th.  She was born in Virginia Beach while her dad was deployed in the Mediterranean Sea on board the USS Kennedy.  She was my third child delivered by c-section, so I got to choose (sort of) the day she was born.  I remember having a great debate as to have her on my birthday or not.  Obviously, I chose not to share my day.  I didn't think her siblings would understand how we could have the same birthday.

Tomorrow is Haylee's friend Nick Wojo's birthday.  I will always remember Nick's birthday as it falls between Justine and mine.  Two of my sisters also have December birthdays along with a niece and a nephew.  Birthdays are a time for celebration.  They are another opportunity for joy.  I know my joy will return...but until then...I'll pretend.

Cheers to you on your birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!