OMG - It's Advent!

Here it is, the 2nd Sunday of Advent and I haven't even gotten out my advent wreath!  Oh, I lost all of my purple and pink candles in my house fire four years ago and never replaced them. So I probably haven't used it since then although I still have the wreath.

How could I have forgotten this tradition in my blog yesterday?  Even though it begins at the end of the calendar year, Advent is the first season of the liturgical year for most Christians.  It begins four Sundays before Christmas.

My parents used an advent wreath - each Sunday we would light the next candle and read from the bible.   That reminds me of another tradition - the 'Bible Vigil'.  I'll save those stories for another time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!