Me Time

This weekend, I get to spend some quiet time at the lake babysitting my granddaughter Skylar.   I am looking forward to alone time.  Or what it really is...me time.  After two long nights at work, I know that I started to be super irritable and grouchy.

I'm sure my family, friends, and coworkers are grateful that I'm taking time to relax.  But I'm not doing it for them. I'm doing it for me.  I don't like it when I snap at others; feel defensive; see the worst instead of the best.  I don't like when the darkness tries to steal my light.  So here I am, kindling the fire inside of me so that I can be who I want to be.

I think everyone needs me time. (It's still me time even though I'm sharing it with a nine month old!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!