Can't Sleep

It's been a little over a week since I learned that the driver of the car that killed Haylee was texting.  I saw this information with my own eyes, from the records given to me that came straight from the prosecutors office.  WHY wasn't this information ever released?

I have always had compassion and empathy for the driver.  Always believing that this was just a terrible accident.  But now, I can't sleep.  I struggle with the human-ness of our justice system.  I ca't understand why we gather facts, like phone records, but then fail to read them.

Comments

  1. This is bad. There are no words. She initially showed no remorse. I chalked it up to youth. Now....Now it is just. Bad. I am SO sorry. Still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...how do I find the good? The peace that I used to have with all of this is disappearing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?