My Family

Thanksgiving 2008
I was having trouble falling asleep last night...missing Haylee.  When I finally did, I had a strange dream about a cottage, with blow-up rafts in the rafters.  And now as I sit here in the kitchen, drinking my coffee, looking at the photos on the wall of my kids, I'm feeling emotional. 

Most days, I can't believe that I raised four kids.  I remember when they were little, when we first moved back to Toledo in August of 1988.  Derrick started 2nd grade and Haylee was in kindergarten.  Sending them to St. Thomas Aquinas was one of the best decisions I made.  I remember them playing soccer and running cross-country. 

Here it is, 27 years later.  I have grandchildren and a dog.  Haylee is gone to heaven and I'm feeling anxious.  Maybe that's the coffee or maybe I'm just wondering what the future holds for my family.  I know we will be all right as God has a plan for us.  So I will leave it to Him and make the most of the present; enjoying my grandkids, supporting the choices my adult children make, taking care of my dog and most of all, loving and believing in myself as I grow into the person I'm meant to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?