A Shoe Story


I just had to share this story from my niece, Natalie:

Something amazing happened to me last week at work and I wanted to share it with all of you.
Some of you may know that I work for Fifth Third. The branch that I am located at is in central Toledo, on Monroe and Detroit. My clients that I meet with are mostly under-served and come from low income families. Last week, a customer that I have seen in the branch on a few occasions, but never sat down and had a conversation with stopped in my office to help her with her statement. As I was going through her information I noticed that she worked at the Hilton Garden Inn.
Immediately I thought of Haylee.
I asked her, "How long have you worked for the Hilton Garden Inn?" She told me that she has worked there since the hotel opened. I asked her if she knew Haylee.
Her eyes started to water, and she looked at me and said, "Yes. I knew her. I miss her everyday. How did you know her?"
I told her that she was my cousin, and she told me this story:
"Haylee was an unbelievable woman. She was my best friend at work. I don't have many friends at work. She was always so nice to me. Do you know that she gave me a pair of shoes?! Who gives people a pair of shoes? She didn't care that I was black and she was white. I don't have many white friends. She was so caring and loving. I miss her everyday."
It is truly amazing how we can touch people's lives in the smallest of ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?