Felix Culpa

I was outside most of the day today, soaking up the sun and reading.  Light reading to be sure, my July Oprah Magazine.  There is an article on page 31, written by Martha Beck called Reversal of Bad Fortune.  The entire time I was reading it, I was thinking 'yes, that is so true'!

I have been blessed with the ability to find or to see the good in everything that happens to me.  Especially those times when I really do not understand or cannot explain why it happened. (ie. Divorce, my sister Barb's accidental death, a couple of job losses, a couple of fires in my home, and even Haylee's accidental death.)

Or as the article states: 'Are there accidents or not?'  I'm not sure...planned accidents for sure.  I'm just not sure whose plan it is.  For me, I've always believed that life is hard, and sometimes it's not...so I must choose which way my life will be today.  I almost always try to choose the NOT hard way.  But if you think about it, everyone in the world has been given free choice.  That leads to a lot of possible 'accidents' or random acts of...kindness...we hope.  Although random acts of stupidness seem to be more entertaining.

So back to topic - Felix Culpa - Happy Fault!  And happy summer reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?