Mourning

According to Merriam-Webster, to mourn is to feel or show great sadness because someone has died. Or to feel or show great sadness or unhappiness about something.   

Dear Clarence,

I grow tired of your visits.  I know that you are only trying to help me, but my children need me.  They too are grieving the loss of Haylee, their sister.  I wish that I could help them and all of the others that are missing her so.  I feel like I am mourning their loss as well as mine.

I know that the best thing I can do is to take care of me so that I can be strong for them.  I need to be kind and gentle with myself as I grow through this process.  I wish that I knew how to help my children grow through this process too.  For now, I can only continue to love them as I listen to their pain as they express it.  I pray that I have the wisdom to say what I need to say and also that they hear what they need to hear.  Let me be a help to them, not a hindrance.  I love you Derrick, Justine, & Paul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?