Missing Haylee

Fall 2013
I had trouble falling asleep last night.  I kept waiting for the phone to ring.  Whether it was 9:00 pm or midnight, Haylee always seemed to manage to call me right after I fell asleep.  Sometimes she just wanted to talk, share her day with me.  Other times she'd be upset or in pain with a kidney stone or something.  Sometimes I would miss her call because she would call my cell phone, which I leave in the kitchen overnight as I still have a land line that my kids know to use first.

45 weeks ago, I received a phone call telling me to go to St. Vincent's hospital. This is one of the last pictures that I have of Haylee.  I think it was taken on the day my granddaughter Carly was baptised.  I remember when she arrived at church and said that she couldn't remember the last time she had been to Mass.  I'm so glad she came.  I miss you Haylee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!