Faith Hope and Love


It's the first Sunday of 2020 and I spent the morning reading, watching the news and listening to television preachers.  I've completed a few household chores and having been trying to adhere to the intermittent fasting lifestyle I've chosen for myself. Currently, my oldest granddaughter is treatment for depression.  I am worried about her and her dad.  I'm worried about all of my children.  I think about the saying:  Faith is worry that has said its prayers.  (A twist on Courage is Fear that has said its prayers.) I think about what my youngest son, Paul, said to me:  Think what advice your mom and dad would give you...

I work with young teens all day and teach teens how to use fitness equipment at the ymca.  Most of them are innocent young minds, doing what their parents tell them to do. Some have body awareness, some are more concerned with what other kids are doing.  They are typically who I expect them to be.  But over the past five years, I've noticed that more of them seem 'tough'.  They try to act as if they don't care.  They can't live with out their cell phone and being connected. (They cannot use their phone during my class at the YMCA nor can students use them at the school I work at.)

It's awkward to be a 12-16 year old.  It's always been that way.  I pray for the teens in my community, that they see the good inside themselves and the good that's all around them. I pray for their parents and siblings that they are all kind to each other.  I hope that they have the faith, hope, and love they need to find their way through this earthly life.

That's what my mom and dad would've done or said to me - Pray and do what is the right thing for you to do.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?