Birthday Bowling

Family Bowlers
Those who are familiar with my story know that my daughter Haylee was killed by a distracted driver in 2014.  She worked at a bowling alley for about 15 years or so.  Some might say, she grew up there. There were many times that I had to go to the bowling alley just to see her. I even joined a bowling league once, just so I'd see her once a week. 

I will always remember the time she wanted to move back home and I told her the rent price.  It was much higher than the previous time she lived at home so she was shocked.  She asked if it was negotiable. And I said sure, do you want to wager some on bowling?  So we headed to the bowling alley where if she beat me, I'd knock $50 off the rent.  She won the first and the second game.  Feeling pretty confident, she said double or nothing for the third and I agreed.  Needless to say - Haylee did not win that game so the rent stayed the same!

I really don't bowl much anymore, just around her birthday to remember her when I use the ball and shoes she bought me for a birthday present one year. We had a very large group this year.  There were thirty-three of us!  Some regulars and some first timers. We had lots of fun and joked that Haylee was helping us to bowl better.  My goal is to score 100 - I did not reach my goal this year.  Better luck next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?