Christmas Spirit


It's three days before Christmas and I'm gathering my Christmas spirit.  I take it from the music I listen to at work and the movies I watch when I'm home.  I try to see it in others while I'm out and about picking up a few things.  I feel it's sweetness in the goodies that seem to be in abundance.  (My clothes are noticing as they hug me more tightly around my ever growing middle.)  I forget that it is in the GIVING of Christmas that I RECEIVE more of it's SPIRIT.

I hope for my family to be happy and kind, generous and thoughtful.  I promise to be a model of patience and thoughtfulness.  I have faith in an ever loving God who promises things will be okay.  I search for love of myself and those that are different from me.  I am reminded of Christmas' past - filled with joys and sorrows - but isn't that how it's supposed to be?

Sometimes, I wonder where I would be had I made different choices - only to be reminded that I'm where I'm supposed to be.  Knowing that I  really wouldn't want to change anything.  As I go through some struggles, I know that they will help me to grow stronger in the gifts of Christmas. I know this because I've experienced struggles of finance and health before and I lived! I've survived great losses and gained more strength.  I've learned that sometimes, I have to muddle through the muck to get to the other side.  And that it is in the muddling that lessons are learned, relationships are strengthened, and faith is restored.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!