Double Nickles

When I was younger, I couldn't wait to be 55 - the speed limit.  I thought it would be fun.  But then they raised the limit to 60 and in some places, even 70.  I bet it will be fun to reach those ages too.

Each birthday, I try to reflect on the past year to see how I've grown and changed.  This year, I look back to see that my waist has grown and I've become  less optimistic and more grouchy.  What has happened to me?

I don't know if it's the world today, full of terrorists, or our culture of  what seems to be 'no rules', or  our politicians doing what seems to be nothing while I work hard to be poor.  Perhaps I'm in the depression stage of mourning the loss of Haylee.   Maybe it's the chronic pain of my foot or my broken tooth.  What I do know is that I seem to have a bad case of the poor me's.

Here it is my birthday and I'm not feeling too happy.  So I write to help process those feelings and get them moving out of my mind.  My boss, just came down to my room to wish me a happy birthday and gave me a hug.  Hugging does help - thanks Deb!  It's time for me to get on with my day.  I'm looking forward to seeing all of my friends later tonight.  Happy birthday to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!