Be Still and Know That I Am

As I make my way to visit family in Indiana, I always look forward to the air turbines as I approach the state line on Route 24.  Today did not disappoint.  I am amazed by the size of these machines.

Today though, the wind was still.  Not a blade was moving. This was the first time in four years of travel that I remember this happening.  It looked like every turbine stopped at the same time, in the same place of rotation.  It was a beautiful sight.

It made me think about how large our world is and how powerful the air can be.  Even in it's stillness, power is evident.  It's times like this when I remember how small the events in my life are compared to the world.  I'm reminded that I'm just a small piece of the puzzle of an ever changing place.

I feel at peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!