Never Know When

As I was driving to the YMCA last night, my friend Clarence decided to check in with me.  He didn't stay too long.  Just long enough to bring tears.  It's hard to drive when I have tears in my eyes.

I never know when my grief will overcome me.  When it does, I try to think of happy times with Haylee.  Something that will make me smile:  like when she was in 8th grade, she was able to get the principal of her school to partake in an April fool's prank by writing me an 'official' letter that stated Haylee had gone too far today, she pulled the fire alarm and must be expelled from school.

Imagine how upset I was when I read that letter...Now imagine Haylee, sitting across from me at the my sister Margaret's kitchen table, listening to me scold her...keeping a straight face and letting me finish before handing me a second envelope on school stationery.  This was stating how I just had been pranked!

I miss my Haylee.  I'm sure her beauty and wit, and her kindness to others is a great asset to heaven!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?