Weekly vs. Daily

I am full of structure and rules.  I am hard on myself when I don't follow the things I set up for myself.  I find it hard to forgive myself for not doing what I think I'm supposed to do.

The first blog that I wrote was a required part of a contest I won.  I had to write it daily.  Ever since then, I feel that all the blogs I write  need to be daily.  Sometimes this was easy to do.  I would write first thing in the morning or it would be the last thing I did at night...like now.  Only I haven't written anything in six days!  In fact, I've only written about 20 posts since Thanksgiving.

So why does this upset me?  Perhaps I didn't have anything to write about.  Or maybe, I didn't want to share how I was feeling.  Or maybe, I was just too busy to write.  Even now, I'm not sure which is the true reason I didn't write daily. It's probably a combination of all three scenarios.  

Whatever the reason, I know that when I blog or journal, whenever I write, I am processing my thoughts.  I have been single for over 25 years.  I have not always had someone to bounce my thoughts off of.  Writing does that for me.  When I do not take the time to write or to process the things that are happening in my life or the thoughts that I am thinking, they do not benefit me in the way that they do when I do take the time to write.

So I just have to remember, that I write to process.  I write to exhale.  I write to help me and hopefully to help others understand that life is hard, and sometimes it's not.  I want to share the good things that go on in my life and the strategies I've used to help turn the not so good things that happen in life better.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?