Peanut Butter Toast

Peanut butter toast:  its what's for breakfast today.  I don't need a lot of peanut butter on my toast.  I need just enough that it melts and can drip into my mouth.  I had never paid attention to the drippy part until my senior year in high school, when my friend Lisa and I were discussing our favorite foods and the drippy part was hers.   Now, I also like that part the best.  It's a game to not lose any of the drips to the plate, counter, or floor, let alone the front of my shirt.

I've learned over the years that the peanut butter I use matters.  I choose JIF.  The regular red cap version is pretty sweet and has a lot of sugar added - which is probably why I like it.  I try to purchase Simply JIF to reduce the sugar.  I've also learned that in order to have good toast, you need good bread.  White bread makes the worst toast, followed closely by the wheat version of white bread.  The best way to make peanut butter toast is to use a whole grain bread.  The grains get toasty and crunchy and the peanut butter is creamy with just enough sweetness to make me go mmmm.

Growing up, toast and chocolate milk was my go to after school snack.   I've read that as I age, I need to watch the timing of certain foods.  Peanut butter toast is full of carbohydrates.  I need to move this meal from breakfast back to the afternoon snack.  Otherwise, my belly will probably get larger instead of smaller.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?