Pain Tolerance

Before today, I thought that I had a high tolerance for pain.  I was wrong.  I have been wearing the boot on my left foot for a little more than 48 hours now.  (Maybe not that long as I don't have to wear it at night.)  All that I know is that yesterday, I had more pain than I have the entire year I lived with this pain!  I was close to tears all day long.

I tried to elevate it; lower it; remove it...all for naught.  I found zero relief.  Even the 800 mg horse pill ibuprofen I've been prescribed didn't help.  My kids said that the boot is probably realigning my foot where is should be.  Walking and jogging on an unknown injury can cause it to heal improperly.  (All's I really heard was the teacher from Charlie Brown "blah blah blah blah blah".)  This hurts dammit!

So, after years of thinking I was a tough athlete...I have to admit...I am a whimp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?