Unexpected Angels

Today has not gone anything like I thought it would.

Healthy Choices
First of all, I had a dentist appointment  This was supposed to be the 2nd step in a four step process to repair the tooth that broke on Labor Day.  But a half hour into the appointment, it was determined that there were complications from the 1st step and that I needed another extraction.  So I had to call off work for the entire day.  I sent a text with lesson plans to my principal and let the dentist get on with his work. Four stitches and 90 minutes later, I was on my way home to rest for day. (I know, the elementary school teachers reading this blog are thinking 'tough break, having an unexpected sick day on halloween'...)

A short while later, there was a knock at my door, so Aiden's barking woke me from my rest.  It was a friend bringing me lunch!  An angel, helping me make good choices!  Thank you so much for the veggies and hummus!  The numbness has finally worn off and I'm able to enjoy it as I write this.

Next I received a text from my friends at school.  It turns out a good friend of mine, and retired teacher from our school was my sub for the day.  I haven't seen her for a while and was hoping to see her after school today at happy hour.  But I'll be missing that due to the pain medication, but I still got to visit.  I like how God uses people as his Angels to do good work.  Thanks for being there for me and reminding me of all that is good in the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!