One More Thing

Have you ever felt that if you had just one more thing to do, it would be the 'straw that broke the camel's back' or 'the last straw'?  And just where does that phrase come from?  I checked in with Wikipedia to find out:  "The idiom the straw that broke the camel's back, alluding to the proverb "it is the last straw that breaks the camel's back", describes the seemingly minor or routine action which causes an unpredictably large and sudden reaction, because of the cumulative effect of small actions. This gives rise to the phrase "the last straw" or "the final straw", meaning the last in a line of unacceptable occurrences, provoking a seemingly sudden strong reaction. "

This year has been extra stressful for me in so many ways:  personal loss, finances, family issues, legal issues, health issues, school issues and ending the long list with daily dealings with technology that my job entails and an unexpected dental issue.  As a single parent of four children, stress is not new to me.  I've developed pretty good coping skills over the years.  But when I don't take care of myself by working out, writing, visiting with friends and getting the extra support I need, my body suffers.

That's where I am today.  --- They say:  Awareness is the first step to change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

Responsible

Vaccine Day!