Nature Nurtures

My Backyard 
I love the color of the trees in the spring. The whites, the purples, lime greens and especially the pink in my back yard My sister Barb had a tree like it in her front yard.  It's a Magnolia I believe, or some call it a tulip tree.

Whatever it is, it sure does make my backyard beautiful. The pedals are thick with fragrance.  On a good year, I get about two weeks of beauty.  Last year, it was about a day as a cold front with snow arrived the just before the blossoms opened.

They froze and never got a chance.  This year.It was very late blooming this year.  Most of been the unusual winter. But due to the high winds and thunderstorms of this week, the beauty only lasted about four days.  The sweet aroma of its pedals is still in the air though.

When I notice nature, I feel calm inside.  Or is it, because I feel calm inside, I notice nature.Which ever the case, I know that life is all around me and it is good for my soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Days Post Haylee

2nd Week

Will Advent Help?